Sunday 4 October 2015

SWOT Analysis

A SWOT analysis is a tool that I am sometimes asked to complete by my manager in my current work place. 

A SWOT analysis is a structured model that identifies the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of an organisation, business model or project. When completed, a SWOT analysis determines what may assist you in accomplishing your objectives, and what obstacles must be overcome or minimised to achieve desired results. SWOT analysis is a useful technique to help craft strategy, and in this case, help with the planning/ execution of my inquiry and to analyse where the weaknesses in achieving my goal may lie.    

































I created my own SWOT analysis below: 


Project- Professional Inquiry

Strengths                                                                           Weaknesses

- Support from professional network,                          - Lacking in knowledge on my 
friends and colleagues to help me achieve                      inquiry subject.
desired results.

- Current literature on inquiry topic that will             - Inquiry lacks focus and a specific 
strengthen and support argument                                     desired result/ end goal.                        
                                                                                                 Terminology and language used
                                                                                                 needs to be improved. 
  
- First- hand knowledge gained from dance                 - Interview questions are vague, need
background and of transitioning to a work place            to be specific enough to give me the 
outside of dance.                                                                   information I need. 


Opportunities                                                                    Threats

- To get involved with SIG's, attend campus                    - Limited time frame to complete
sessions, communicate with BAPP Arts                              project, fitting schedule around full
practitioners and tutor to discuss inquiry topic.               time work and other commitments. 

- To discover data/ information for my line of                - Findings/ data may not be 
inquiry that could help my professional network              conclusive or produce desired 
and BAPP Arts practitioners in the future.                         results. 

- My professional network of current and former           - Participants may drop out of 
dancers, who will participate and aid with my                   inquiry at last minute. 
inquiry. 







1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ruth - useful way to look at your progress on the inquiry.

    ReplyDelete